Saturday, February 6, 2010

INSANITY

So... recap of the week and additional thoughts.

Started the week at my home away from home... COURT STREET THEATRE... dunn dunn dunnnnnnn!! We had The Wedding Singer auditions this week and can I just say that I was blown away by the talent that walked through our doors. These kids amaze me every single day. They get better and better each time I see them. Callbacks were going to be the true taste of what we were up against. NH Chronicle was there to do a story on us (I'll let you know the air date when I find out). There was definitely added pressure from them PLUS we had 2 people there from the National Tour of Wedding Singer (can you say Valzy was a stress case). I was SO nervous to teach them the choreography. I didn't want our guests to think I was a joke and I didn't want to disappoint the kids. I got up there and tought the easier number first, and they NAILED it. The energy was through the roof. Once I tought the second number, I knew we were in for a hell of a ride. They were AMAZING!!! I knew at that moment, I could throw anything at them and they would nail it. We finished casting at 1 am and might I say, we have an ALL-STAR cast!!! You all will want to buy your tickets for this one. Hold on to your hats. It's going to be wild!

Thursday I took a personal day because I knew I would be walking trash if I had gone into work. I got some stuff done and then headed to the Palace for a rehearsal for the theatre awards. I got to see a bunch of the kids who got into the wedding singer and seeing their excitement was so heartwarming. What wasn't so heartwarming was the feeling of anger I got from some people. I give my heart and soul to these kids every day I see them. I've never been on the receiving end of what I felt that night. It was hard to deal with. I totally understand being disappointed but it was hard for me to find the balance between kids being over the moon and others wanting to claw my eyes out! It's going to be an awesome show and I just hope people are excited to be a part of it!

My weekend ended with the New Hampshire Theatre Awards. WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!!!! Anything Goes walked away with 8 awards and I made top 3 for Best Choreographer in the state for The Producers. I was honored and thrilled to be up there with Martha and Andrew!! It was a great night!! Spending time with my Anything Goes crew was amazing as was seeing lots of friends from the community theatre world. The love you get from these people is like nothing I've ever felt before.

I've realized how fortunate I am to have people in my life that just make me smile. They don't say or do hurtful things. They are genuine and make me smile. I'm SO lucky... and I thank my lucky stars every day!

Gearing up for Aida at the high school this week. Really proud of these kids!! Come check it out! Email me for details!

Another week in the insane life of me!! Stay tuned for more craziness... it NEVER ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment